Memory foam mattresses have become increasingly popular over the years. They consist of a foam that reacts to the heat of your body, shifting to embrace every curve and ensuring you receive a personalised and luxurious sleep.
For a comfortable mattress that moulds perfectly to the shape and weight of your body, a memory foam mattress is an ideal choice.
TOP 10 MEMORY FOAM MATTRESSE DEALS – UP TO 60% OFF
Memory foam mattresses provide the ultimate in comfort by cleverly moulding around your body’s contours. Originally developed by NASA, the technology is great for people with back problems as it supports the spine in perfect alignment. For space‐age luxury, choose a memory foam mattress today.
Looking for the best memory foam mattress for you? We’ve got you covered. Replacing your old, worn-out mattress with a new memory foam mattress is a quick way to finally get the deep, restful sleep you need.
We’ve picked out 10 of the best memory foam mattresses on the UK market in 2019 and 2020, based on customer reviews, awards and value for money. Huge range of quality single, double & king size memory foam mattresses at the UK’s lowest prices.
|Minster Soft Touch Memory Foam Mattress||Equipped with a soft-touch sleeping surface and orthopaedic support, this anti-bacterial mattress can provide a peaceful, good night’s sleep. more info|
|Cool Max Memory Foam Mattress||This memory foam mattress features a genuine-knitted cool max micro quilt cover; available in five sizes and four depths. more info|
|Cool Blue Memory Mattress||This durable mattress features a deep layer of Cool Blue memory foam which prevents heat discomfort and provides a multi-zone support. more info|
|Silentnight Memory 7 Zone Mattress||Personalised anatomic support combined with body-hugging memory foam and a softly quilted knit cover for a great night's sleep. more info|
|Dormeo Silver Deluxe Memory Foam Mattress||If you're looking for that one mattress that does it all, look no further than this high-end option. Dormeo has you covered. more info|
|Dormeo Splus Memory Foam Mattress||Experience cooling comfort and the cradling sensation of memory foam, with the Dormeo S Plus mattress featuring unique patented Octaspring technology. more info|
|Ultimate 4000 Memory Foam Pocket Sprung Mattress||This deep-filled mattress, upholstered with breathable yarn to encourage a great night’s sleep, is designed with comfort in mind. more info|
|Pure Relief Memory Foam Mattress||Combining reflex foam and high density memory foam, this mattress is designed to offer multi-zone support for an uniterrupted sleep. more info|
|Emma Memory Foam Mattress||The Emma products are trusted by 300 thousands of dreamers, and Emma products will help you have restful nights so that you can focus on your dreams even during the day. more info|
|Eve Memory Foam Mattress||eve Sleep Foam Mattress offer the equal balance of softness and support, allowing all types of sleepers to find the eve Mattress outrageously comfortable. more info|
BEST MEMORY FOAM MATTRESS REVIEW UK
Memory foam mattresses are a good choice if you want consistent all-over support. Various guides I’ve read say that they generally keep their shape for longer than pocket sprung mattresses and they are much better for people with allergies to dust mites.
#1. Minster soft touch memory foam mattress review
- Soft touch sleeping surface
- Side-stitched border
- 3” memory foam layer
- 7” reflex base support
- Orthopaedic support
- Hypoallergenic filling
- Vacuum packed
- Medium firmness rating
#2. Coolmax memory foam mattress review
- Medium firm comfort
- Aims to relieve pressure points across the body and promote good blood circulation
- Hypoallergenic and anti-dust mite filling with anti-bacterial properties
- Layer of orthopaedic Reflex foam and high-density memory foam
- Knitted Cool Max micro-quilted cover
- Temperature regulation properties
- Helps to reduce overheating
- Vacuum-packed, rolled and boxed
- Available depths: 13cm, 15cm, 20cm, 26cm
#3. Cool blue memory foam mattress review
- Orthopaedic mattress that can benefit bones, joints and muscles
- Manufactured in the UK
- Medium tension for comfort and support
- Latest generation Cool Blue memory foam
- Prevents heat and moisture build-up
- Thick base of comfort reflex foam provides support
- High-density reflex foam ensures a long lifespan
- Hypo-allergenic soft touch, quilted cover
- Effective against asthma and allergies
- Dust-mite resistant
- Suitable for all types of bed bases, frames and bunks
- 20cm total depth
- Meets all UK quality and safety standards
#4. Silentnight 7 zone memory foam mattress review
- Featuring 7 targeted support zones
- Temperature-sensitive memory foam ensures fresh and comfortable sleep
- 2.5cm memory foam reduces pressure on joints and contours your unique shape
- Supreme support for your hips, shoulders and lower back
- High-density Miratex foam creates edge-to-edge support
- No roll-off and no roll-together either!
- Sumptuously soft quilted and knitted cover
- Cover is infused with Purotex technology to help prevent dustmites
- Hypoallergenic and approved by Allergy UK
#5. Dormeo silver deluxe memory foam mattress
Dormeo is well-known for creating high-quality mattresses with anti-allergenic features, and the Silver Deluxe is no exception to that rule. Combined with built-in hygiene functionality, the mattress is far more than meets the eye. If you’re looking for that one mattress that does it all, look no further than this high-end option. Dormeo has you covered.
Designed with a medium/soft finish to suit those that enjoy sinking into their mattress at the end of a long day, this luxurious design includes 16cm of pure ecocell foam, filled to the brim with air bubbles to provide the best circulation available for any memory foam mattress. 4cm of classic memory foam tops this core, and the finishing touch is the use of ultra-hygienic, odour-reducing silver fibres on the surface of each mattress.
#6. Dormeo s plus memory foam mattress review
- Smartly connected cores can be quickly and easily interchanged independently of one another offering a risk-free choice for couples with different sleeping preferences.
- Flippable mattress core allows you to choose the softer of firmer side to enjoy your perfect comfort.
- The unique ventilation of Octasprings is more breathable than pure memory foam, the constant airflow always keeps the mattress cool
- Inspired by the human body, an S-shaped layer of Octasprings running through heart of mattress provides customisable support for your head/shoulders or hips/legs. Rotate the mattress to feel the difference..
- Delivered rolled and vacuum packed
#7. Ultimate 4000 memory foam pocket sprung mattress review
- Complete full body support
- Filled with deep layers of cotton, wool, felt, memory foam, white fibre fillings
- Handmade in the UK
- Flag stitched handles at the side for ease of handling, turning and rotation of the mattress
- Medium firm support level for comfort
- High count individually nested pocket springs
- Featuring special air vents that keep the mattress dry and fresh
#8. Pure relief memory foam mattress reviews
- Made from the finest quality foams
- Features a high quality, soft touch, cool flex quilted cover
- Removable hypoallergenic quilted cove that can be dry cleaned
- Allergy-friendly, dust mite resistant
- Total depth of 20cm
#9. Emma memory foam mattress review
- A Which? Best Buy 2018 and 2019: Maximum body adaptability through the optimized combination of a decompressing breathable Airgocell-layer, visco-elastic memory foam and a supportive layer of polyurethane foam.
- Made in the UK: A mattress should be neither too soft or too hard, that is why we have created a unique designed combining British quality and pain free comfort with right density of layers that fits every sleep style.
- For Back, Side & Stomach Sleepers: 3 layer and 7 zones back structure improves pressure distribution and lower back support so you can sleep in any position with targeted spinal support for a comfortable night’s sleep. Fits any 150×200 bed frame!
- The UK’s most Recommended Mattress: Our exceptional product quality is proven to provide the very best sleeping experience. We are considered Best on Test by the Independent, Ideal Home and the i Newspaper.
- 100 Days Trial Period and Free Delivery in a Box: The Emma mattress is delivered vacuum sealed and rolled in a box. Simply unwrap the mattress in your bedroom and it will expand to its normal size within a few hours.If Emma is not the right mattress for you, we arrange the return and full refund of your mattress at zero cost to you.
#10. Eve memory foam mattress review
- NEXT GENERATION MEMORY FOAM MATTRESS: Your mattress is your sanctuary, no more tossing and turning just cloud like comfort for every inch of your body and extra support to keep the pains at bay
- THREE LAYER FOAM MATTRESS: Recharge your batteries with eve Sleep’s original memory foam mattress, the distinct layering system will softly support your body and relieve the pressure while you sleep
- NO MORE OVERHEATING OR MOTION TRANSFER: The mattress is 30 times more breathable, keeping you comfortably cool. The sleeping mattress isolates motion for a ideal undisturbed sleep even if your partner moves at night
- IDEAL FOR ALL TYPES OF SLEEPERS: The UK king size bed mattress has a medium-firm feel to provide you with lower back and spinal support, so you can sleep in any position and get a rejuvenating night’s sleep
- TRY IT, TEST IT, LOVE IT: Try our mattress at home for 100-night free trial because sometimes it takes a little time to feel its magic. eve Sleep mattress last the test of time, and we will give you a 10 year to prove it
- MADE IN UK: eve Sleep’s mattresses are created by some of London’s top designers and crafted in eve Sleep’s UK-based factory
- FREE DELIVERY IN A BOX: All eve mattresses arrive vacuum-packed and rolled into a conveniently-sized box, unwrap the mattress in your bedroom and it will expand to its normal size within a few hours
MEMORY FOAM MATTRESS BUYING GUIDE
For a comfortable mattress that moulds perfectly to the shape and weight of your body, a memory foam mattress is an ideal choice.
Memory foam mattresses have become increasingly popular over the years. They consist of a foam that reacts to the heat of your body, shifting to embrace every curve and ensuring you receive a personalised and luxurious sleep. Want to know more about the science? Check out our memory foam mattress guide and how it might benefit you.
1. What are memory foam mattresses?
A memory foam mattress is made from a specialist foam that moulds to your body and can also be combined with springs or support foam. These have become the mattress of choice for many, as they provide a unique level of comfort that helps to aid support throughout the night. These mattresses are formed from a man‐made foam known as viscoelastic. The material is incredibly beneficial as a platform for sleeping on, as it reacts and softens when exposed to heat. What this means is that your body heat helps to form a foam mattress to a shape that will perfectly hug your body.
As you lie on memory foam, you’ll feel a slow sinking sensation, which is the viscoelastic reacting to your body heat. The mattress hugs your body closely and distributes your weight evenly across the surface. This means you are much less likely to wake up with stiff joints or experience numbness in your limbs, as your pressure points are not strained at any point.
2. What are the benefits of a memory foam mattress?
There are a lot of pros when it comes to memory foam mattresses. One of these is that the material caters to your body, allowing for a unique and individual sleeping experience. They’re an ideal mattress choice if you tend to vary your sleeping positions, or if you sleep with a partner who has different sleeping requirements. The material moves to accommodate your shape, meaning it will change to suit you on your side, while responding differently to your partner.
Another benefit of this mattress style is that the denseness of the material can help to provide a deeper sleep for restless sleepers. This is especially good news for parents of children who tend to wake a lot in the night. That’s because the material will embrace restless limbs and ensure a more peaceful rest overall.
3. Choosing your mattress
The memory foam mattresses come in a range of sizes.
Single memory foam mattress options are the ideal choice for growing children. The supportive material helps to keep spines aligned and healthy, embracing restless limbs to ensure a more comfortable sleep.
A double memory foam mattress is a perfect solution for a medium‐sized room, making the most of the space available and promoting healthy sleep. We also have mattresses available in small double, also known as queen size, which are a great space saving option.
Should you have the space in your bedroom, choosing a king size or super king size memory foam mattress means you’re getting the ultimate in comfort and the most luxurious sleep possible. When choosing your mattress, we would always recommend you opt for the largest size that will comfortably fit into your room and your budget, granting you more space to stretch out when you sleep. Read more: Mattress Sizes & Bed Dimensions Guide
4. Memory foam mattress brands
Some of the biggest names in the industry to ensure we can provide you with the best quality products on the market. Some of the most popular products are from memory foam mattress brands such as TEMPUR and Silentnight.
TEMPUR memory foam mattresses are designed to help aid a comfortable night’s sleep for every person, even if you have back problems or injuries. These mattresses also feature temperature regulating properties, so you’ll be cool as well as comfortable. You can choose from comfort grades in medium and firm, further tailoring the product to your needs. TEMPUR is one of the UK’s leading mattress brands so you can guarantee a quality product.
Silentnight memory foam mattresses combine springs and memory foam to provide spinal alignment and support your posture. The Mirapocket technology ensures you won’t roll towards your partner as the weight is distributed evenly. But you’ll still be able to sink comfortably into the memory foam on top, providing the perfect sleep environment.
5. Are memory foam mattresses good?
Yes, memory foam mattresses are great if you’re looking for plush comfort, support and pressure relief. The best memory foam mattress adapts to your shape and movements as you sleep, for a tailor-made feel. This also helps prevent motion-transfer – so you won’t be disturbed if your partner turns over.
6. Which memory foam mattress is best?
The best memory foam mattress is one that provides the comfort and support you need to get the best sleep. You can choose from firmer, medium or softer memory foam mattresses. There are a wide variety of brands to choose from too, including Silentnight, Sealy or Mlily.
7. How long do memory foam mattresses last?
Memory foam mattresses can last a long time. How long it lasts depends on a variety of factors, including how often you use it and the quality of your mattress. However, as with all mattresses, eventually you will need to replace it. We recommend changing your mattress every seven years, in line with advice from the National Bed Federation.
8. Are memory foam mattresses safe for children?
Yes, memory foam mattresses are safe for children, provided they adhere to UK safety standards. As with all foam mattresses, we recommend that you aerate them in a well-ventilated room for a few hours before use. Memory foam mattresses are comfortable and support your child as they grow. They’re also naturally hypoallergenic and are easy to care for too. Read our mattress guide for children or find out more about what mattress to buy for your baby.
9. F.A.Q Memory Foam Mattress
(1) Is memory foam mattress suitable for all sleeping positions?
- Sleeping in certain positions can often be the cause of back pain. However, a memory foam mattress is capable of adapting to any sleeping position.
- Back sleepers
- Memory foam conforms to your spine to offer excellent lumbar support.
- Side sleepers
- Memory foam distributes body weight away from your hips and shoulders while supporting your waist to keep your spine in healthy alignment.
- Front sleepers
- Memory foam helps support the natural curve in your back to reduce pressure on your lower back.
(2) How to clean a memory foam mattress ?
(3) How to dry memory foam mattress ?
(4) Is memory foam mattress hot ?
(5) Can memory foam mattress cause back pain ?
Read more: Memory foam mattress guide
YOU MAY ALSO LIKE
1. Memory foam mattress protector
Purchasing a new memory foam mattress is a huge step for a lot of people because it’s expensive and if anything happens to it, your warranty isn’t valid anymore. You can’t stain it, rip it, and you have to be careful as to how big of an indentation you leave in it over time, depending on the fine print of the warranty. The best way to ensure that your mattress stays in tip-top shape is to invest in the best mattress protector for memory foam that you can find.
2. Memory foam mattress topper
If you’re not quite sold on a memory foam mattress, but fancy getting a feel for the how the foam moulds to the shape of your body, you may want to consider buying a memory foam mattress topper. It won’t make your mattress any more supportive, but it may make it more comfortable. Memory foam mattress topper will completely transform your mattress and your night’s sleep at the same time. Looking to buy a memory foam mattress topper? You’re in the right place.