Pillow top mattresses can be extremely comfortable. You have a few extra layers to nestle into and they usually have really nice quilted covers. They might not be cheap, but they tend to be durable and supportive beds for people that are willing to make an investment. We’ve made sure to include both plush and firm pillow top mattresses so you have plenty to choose from.
Top 10 Pillow Top Mattress Deals – Up To 65% Off
If you’re looking for the best pillow top mattress, this is the list for you.
|Silentnight Miracoil Pillow Top Mattress||A medium to firm, Miracoil sprung mattress offering superior support as well as a comfortable Eco Comfort Fibre™ pillow top. more info|
|Platinum 6000 Series Pillow Top Mattress||Upgrade a bedroom with this pocket sprung mattress featuring a contemporary design and offering a medium firm support. more info|
|Saturn 4500 Pillow Top Mattress||Ideal for all types of sleepers who need pressure relief, as well as back sleepers who enjoy an overall softer level of comfort. more info|
|Emerald 3000 Pillow-Top Mattress||This Emerald 3000 mattress boasts a strong coil system and is designed to relieve pressure while offering an overall softer level of comfort. more info|
|Sealy Posturepedic Nostromo Latex 1400 Pocket Pillow Top Mattress||Endorsed as a Which? Best Buy Award for June 2019! 1400 pocket springs sit underneath a sumptuous pillow top and pressure-relieving natural latex for the perfect balance of support and gentle comfort. more info|
|Excelsior Pillow Top 3000 Mattres||Enjoy a good night’s sleep with this pillow top mattress, which can be ideal for side sleepers who need pressure relief. more info|
|Silentnight Mirapocket 1000 Geltex Pillow Top Limited Edition Mattress||Get the sleep you deserve with 1000 Mirapocket springs, a deep layer of comforting Geltex and a soft pillow top finish. Enjoy huge discounts on this mattress! Hurry - offer must end soon! more info|
|Layezee 800 Pocket Pillow Top Mattress||Targeted medium to firm support, 800 individual pocket springs and a luxury pillow top finish for the great night's sleep you need. more info|
|Gold 6000 Pillow Top Recharge Mattress||Featuring four layers of foam combined with individually pocketed springs, this mattress is designed to provide comfortable sleep. more info|
|Layezee Comfort Memory Pillow Top Mattress||Enjoy comfort and support, a sumptuous pillow top, luxury memory foam and a supportive spring system. more info|
Best Pillow Top Mattress Review
- Traditional Miracoil sprung core provides excellent back support
- Springs are carefully arranged and zoned to support key pressure points
- Pillow top made with sustainable Eco Comfort fillings
- Eco Comfort fillings are highly breathable for a fresher night’s sleep
- Medium-firm feel for those who prefer a supportive sleeping surface
- Attractive quilted cover
- A great balance of comfort and support
- Easy care – no need to turn
- Hypoallergenic, free from foam and chemical treatments
- Depth: 26cm
- Handmade in the UK
- 5 Year Guarantee
- Pocket sprung pillow top mattress
- Medium firm support
- Contemporary design
- 3D pillow top border
- Backcare support
- Ten-year manufacturer’s guarantee
- Pocket sprung, pillow top mattress
- Medium to firm support
- 10-year manufacturer’s warranty
- Standard UK double and king size
- High-quality fabric
- Mattress with pillow top
- Features a strong coil system
- Ideal for side sleepers who need pressure relief
- Suitable for back sleepers who enjoy an overall softer level of comfort
- Awarded the Which? Best Buy Award June 2019
- In stock for Free Next Day Delivery – or choose your delivery day
- 1400 multi-zoned pocket springs for responsive support
- Luxury pillow top for enhanced comfort
- Featuring a 2.5cm layer of Innergetic Latex for natural comfort and pressure relief
- Silky-soft Tencel cover finish – temperature regulating and anti-microbial for a fresher night’s sleep
- Medium firmness rating for the perfect balance of comfort and support
- Mattress depth: 30cm (11.8 inches) approx
- Made in the UK
- 5 Year Guarantee
- Generous layers of fillings
- Strong coil spring system
- Ideal for side-sleepers who need pressure relief
- Suitable for back and front sleepers who enjoy a softer level of comfort
- Depth: 30cm
- Enjoy luxurious comfort for less – huge discounts have been applied to this mattress!
- Exclusive Limited Edition Silentnight Mattress
- Tailored support from 1000 Mirapocket springs
- Super-comfy layer of Geltex
- Enhanced comfort with a pillow top finish
- Purotex-infused knitted cover to guard against allergens
- Hypoallergenic and approved by Allergy UK
- Perfectly balanced medium firmness
- No need to turn, single-sided
- Overall mattress depth: 34cm
- Made in the UK
- 5 Year Guarantee
- 800 supportive pocket springs
- Sumptuous pillow top finish
- Soft knitted cover
- Hypoallergenic for your peace of mind
- Medium to firm feel for comfort and support
- Single-sided for easy care
- 27cm mattress depth
- Made in the UK
- 3 Year Guarantee
- Total depth: 33cm
- 2.5cm of Cool Blue Advance Airflow memory foam increases comfort and air circulation
- 2.5cm of dual-layer comfort foam promotes energy recovery and pressure relief
- 5cm layer of V32 Smart white support foam
- Designed to maintain an ideal sleeping temperature in all seasons
- High count of individually pocketed springs
- 750G Microbond for additional support and longevity
- Deep quilted pillow top design, precision stitching to keep filings in place
- Knitted fabric outer cover
- Advanced airflow ventilation system aims to remove moist air, keeping the mattress fresh and the sleeping temperature stable
- Three rows of side stitching and firm edge support ensure the mattress keeps its shape
- Flag-stitched transport handles
- Firmness: medium
- Open coil spring system for extra support
- Sumptuous 2.5cm memory foam layer
- Luxury pillow top finish
- Soft-touch knitted cover
- Hypoallergenic for a cleaner sleeping environment
- Superior medium to firm support
- Single-sided for easy care
- Overall depth: 27cm
- Made in the UK
- 3 Year Guarantee
Pillow Top Mattress Buying Guide
When it comes to buying a mattress, you need to ensure that you find one that’s comfortable for you. Read our handy guide below and determine which type of pillow top mattress suits your personal needs. We’ve a wide range to choose from, so you’re certain to find a style that will provide you with the ultimate night’s sleep – every night of the week.
What is pillow top mattress?
A pillow top is a mattress with additional padding at the surface for extra-soft comfort. A pillow top mattress extends noticeably at the top and looks like there is a pillow sewn to the surface of a regular mattress. … Padding may be made from polyurethane foam, memory foam, latex, or batting.
Features of the Most Comfortable Pillow Top Mattresses
While the most suitable pillow top mattress is dependent on your specific needs and preferences, there are basic features to consider. These features are what determine a quality pillow top mattress. They include the following:
- High-quality materials: You need to choose a pillow with high-quality fillings for comfort and durability. Make sure you consider top mattresses filled with latex, memory foam, gel foam, or a mixture of these materials. Some of the poor materials to avoid include the polyester filled pillow top. The materials used to fill pillow top mattresses determine their durability and comfort levels.
- Firmness level: Pillow top mattresses come with varying level of firmness. Depending on your sleeping position and preference, make sure you choose the right amount of firmness.
- Decent loft: Loft is a common term among mattress manufacturers to describe the level of thickness of mattresses? How thick is your pillow top mattress? Make sure you choose pillow top with a good level of loft for excellent support and comfort
- Construction: You also need to look at the construction of these pillows to ensure they are free of any toxic chemicals. Make sure you choose top pillows with organic or chemical-free covers.
- Breathability: Lastly, the ideal pillow top mattress needs to be breathable to allow for excellent ventilation. Such tops prevent sweating and allow air movement for comfortable night sleep.
Benefits of a pillow top mattress
Pillow top mattresses provide users with plush comfort. This is by far the most crucial benefit where one feels like sleeping in a bed filled with soft pillows. Pillow top mattresses are quite comfortable and feature a varying degree of softness to firmness.
The pillows also help relieve stiffness and pain in muscles. This is simply because the pillows are softly padded and offer a contoured experienced around the back and shoulders. The pillows take away pressure points from your body as you sink into them.
You also get to benefit from these pillows when you have a sleep partner. There is less movement transmission when your partner moves around. The pillows feature a pocket coil design that helps restrict movement. You can be sure of sleeping soundly without thinking or feeling the movement of your sleeping partner.
Lastly, the pillow top mattresses are a great choice for front and side sleepers. The pillows offer excellent support for side and front sleeping with the top layer contouring around the body’s shape.
How to choose the right pillow top mattress
There are several features one needs to consider before buying a pillow top mattress. These features include the firmness, material, size, loft, price, and warranty.
Pillow top mattresses come in a wide range of materials. They range from memory foam, latex, innerspring system, and a combination of materials. The material used to make the mattresses determines their quality and durability.
Natural latex is by far one of the best material s to consider buying. It is extremely comfortable and helps relieve pressure points. We also have the memory foam which contours to the body shape. Low-quality materials include polyester, which offers poor comfort levels.
Pillow top mattresses offer plush comfort, but the firmness of the mattresses usually differs. This variation in firmness is a crucial feature when looking for a pillow top mattress. Side sleepers are advised to choose soft firmness so that they can sink into the mattress when sleeping.
Back and front sleepers require a little firmer mattress to suit their sleeping position. The good news is that most manufacturers make medium firmness mattresses. Such types of mattresses allow one to sleep in different positions with ease.
This one is pretty obvious as one must choose a pillow top mattress that matches their mattress size. The same way you considered your bed size when choosing a mattress; make sure you consider the bedding size. Pillow top mattresses are available in different sizes to match the small, medium, King, and Queen Beds.
The loft is basically the thickness of the pillow top mattresses. The ideal choice mattress will again depend on your sleeping position. There are low, medium, and high thickness mattress levels on the market. A medium loft pillow top mattress is soft and makes a perfect choice for side sleepers. Heavy persons weighing from 230 pounds are recommended low loft mattresses.
You need to set a specific budget and stick to it. If you have to pay a premium price for a pillow top mattress, then it should come with excellent features to make it worth the price.
Lastly, you need to consider the warranty options and choose pillow top mattresses with excellent warranties. Ideally, you need a mattress with at least 10 years warranty. However, some brands offer up to 25 years of warranty options.
Pros & Cons Of Pillow Top Mattress
1. Good Motion Isolation feature
Being disturbed all night long by the constant tossing and turning of a person sleeping next to you is the last thing you want. Pillow-top mattress deal with this frustrating issue in an extremely efficient way. Quality models featuring a system of individually encased pocket steel coils reduce the transfer of motion to a minimum.
In his way, your side of the bed will remain undisturbed and still, and you will be able to get your energy back for a day to come.
2. Recommended for Stomach Sleepers and Side Sleepers
People who enjoy sleeping on their side or stomach know how challenging it can be to find a suitable mattress. According to numerous customers’ reviews, pillow-top mattress prove to be an optimal solution for such sleepers. They provide sturdy support to a sleeper’s body, with a soft direct contact with those parts that generally suffer the strongest pressure.
3. Relief from Medical Related Problems
An inadequate mattress can be the source of serious orthopedic issues, usually related to back, shoulders, neck, hips, and joints. Pillow-top beds, especially their quality models with orthopedic support, can bring about perfect relief when such problems are concerned.
They help to alleviate pain in these affected body parts by reducing the amount of pressure, distributing the weight properly, and offering the optimal type of support.
4. Comfortable Layers
What customers see as one of the most perfect advantages of these products is the level of comfort they offer. What is more, the sense of ‘’Plush Comfort’’ is what makes them stand out. By sleeping on one of these, you get a chance to fully relax, owing to its comfy memory foam or hybrid top.
1. Possible Indentations
No bedding product lasts forever, so it is unreasonable to expect your pillow-top mattress to keep the same shape as on day one.
2. Can be Very Hot to Sleep In
Some pillow-tops have received a negative review from customers in this respect. It is the material they are made of that retains excessive heat, usually including polyurethane or memory foam.
On the other hand, more advanced versions like latex mattresses or memory foam gel seem to have successfully overcome this issue, and cause no trouble even for hot sleepers.
These mattresses incorporate all the features looked for in traditional mattresses. Their base ensures a strong foundation to hold the weight of your body. At the same time, the cushiony layer attached on top of it builds up the feeling of relaxation and helps you rest completely.
A broad palette of models with different characteristics caters to various needs of all kinds of sleepers. So, if your budget is limited but you still want to make the most of it, give these convenient products a serious thought. You may end up being truly surprised about the level of comfort they offer.
Top 3 Pillow Top Mattress Brands
World-renowned for their expertise, innovation and high quality products, Sealy is one of the leading bed and mattress brands. Approved by the NBF, Sealy produces some of the most well-known, well-loved beds and mattresses the world over. Choose from our impressive collection of Sealy Mattresses and Sealy Divan Beds, including Posturepedic pocket springs, PostureTech, memory foam, orthopaedic beds and much more. Enjoy up to 65% off and fast, Free Delivery as soon as tomorrow!
As the UK’s leading bed and mattress manufacturer, Silentnight are sleep experts – renowned for exceptional quality, craftsmanship and commitment to innovation. Boasting a wealth of experience spanning over 70 years and approved by the NBF, all Silentnight mattresses and Silentnight beds are carefully constructed in their specialist UK factory to the highest standards.
Discover their new and innovative Geltex range – pocket springs supporting a thick layer of gel-infused foam that is brilliantly breathable and offers perfect pressure relief and optimal body support. And as always we offer a fantastic range of Miracoil and Mirapocket products for you to choose from! With up to 65% off, all our Silentnight mattresses and beds are available with Free Delivery – as soon as the very next day!
Committed to outstanding quality, innovative design and fantastic value for money – Relyon have a wealth of experience spanning over a century. Our collection of Relyon beds and mattresses include memory foam, pocket sprung, rolled up mattresses, orthopaedic mattresses and more! With Free Delivery as standard, many of Relyon Mattresses and Divan Beds can be with you as soon as tomorrow!